Cheryl A. Frost is a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor and maintains a private practice in Lemont, Illinois.
- St. Mary's College, Notre Dame, Indiana
- DePaul University, Chicago, Illinois - Bachelor of Arts
- Governors State University, Master of Arts, Counseling
Licenses and Certifications
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, State of Illinois 1996-present
- EMDR Certified Levels I and II
- Anger Management Specialist
- Gottman Couples Training Levels I and II
- Certified Hypnotherapist - National Guild of Hypnotists
- Donna Eden Energy Medicine Level I
With over 25 years experience as an individual, couples, and family therapist, I am currently a private practitioner working with a broad spectrum of clients. Among my areas of expertise are anxiety and depression, relationship issues, divorce and recovery, grief counseling anger management, trauma and PTSD, emotional, physical and sexual abuse, substance abuse, adolescent issues and many other emotional and painful life challenges.
I am an interactive, cognitive behavioral therapist. My therapeutic approach is to provide support and practical feedback to help clients effectively address personal life challenges and reach their goals. I integrate complementary methodologies and techniques to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each client. With compassion, understanding and humor, I work with each individual to help them build on their strengths and attain the personal growth they are committed to accomplishing.
In addition, I use EMDR (Level I and II Certified), hypnotherapy, guided imagery, energy psychology and meditative techniques to assist clients deal with their issues and gain more peace and confidence and overall health in their lives.